Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
In today’s lifestyle this is the commonest cosmetic problem fiund in both males & females. Every third boy & girl is suffering from hair fall. Actually todays so called fashion ailments are causing hair damage in very tremendous amount.
Actually the hairs get nutrition through daily application of coconut or any other hair oil. But now-a-days to apply hair oil is thought to be outdated but as the hairs start falling everyone applies different shampoos & many chemicals.
Causes of hair fall:-
- Non application of oil to hairs.
- Long term illness.
- Emotional disturbances.
- Hormonal changes.
- Thyroid disturbances.
- Iron deficiency Anemia.
- Some drugs taken for many months.
- Enteric fever – Typhoid.
- Androgenetic or androgenic hair loss.
- Frequent application of Shampoo.
- Shampooing cause over dryness of hairs – the essential amount of oil is also washed off making hairs very weak.
- Sudden weighloss.
- Improper or heavy Dieting.
- Severe emotional stress.
- Heredity factor.
- Pitta (heat) vitiation in body.
- Faulty eating habits.
- Too much of Fast food.
- Sleeplessness during night.
- Application of different types of hair oils available in market.
- Application of shampoos which claims that they are ayurvedic.
- Not eating edible oil even in food.
Some changes helping in hair fall
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:resulting in more damage to hairs.
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.